Who has time to create and provide comprehensive training and professional development for your admissions staff?
We do! Over the past 5 years we’ve trained both new (literally their first day was our workshop) and experienced college admission staffs at nearly 80 different colleges and universities (small, medium, large; private and public) how to be smarter, more efficient recruiters, communicators, and leaders.
Organizing professional development training is time consuming. We get that. But we also understand it’s extremely important, and we’re happy to take it off your to-do list.
These personalized and engaging workshops help strengthen admissions teams by teaching them how to effectively communicate with this generation of students (and their parents). The result is higher levels of engagement between prospective students and your admissions staff.
The “Standard” Admissions Workshop:
- Our popular “Standard” admissions workshop takes place over two consecutive days and is led by Jeremy Tiers, Director of Admissions Services. Upon request, it can be condensed to one-day.
- Prior to the workshop, we conduct a unique recruiting survey with your current or incoming freshmen. We’re able to get key insights about their college search and decision making processes (pro’s and con’s). That information will be helpful for your staff next recruiting cycle, and it allows us to further customize your workshop.
- Throughout day one, Jeremy will give your staff dozens of proven sales strategies, tips and techniques. He’ll discuss how to ask the right questions, talk about fear, storytelling, overcoming objections, cost, your value proposition, parents and the role they play, better communication methods, improving phone calls, social media, “closing,” and a lot more. These fast paced, engaging sessions will help your staff better represent your school both on the road and in the office.
- On day two, Jeremy takes the time to meet 1-on-1 with each admissions staff member and leader, giving them additional personalized training and direction.
- Our support doesn’t end when Jeremy leaves campus. Everybody will have his direct contact information, and follow-up conversations are encouraged.
This workshop will improve your overall customer service, help your admissions counselors manage their territories more effectively, create more confidence, and improve critical thinking and leadership.
The “Standard PLUS” Admissions Workshop:
- This workshop option includes the standard two-day workshop, as well as a second one-day visit to your campus later in the same recruiting cycle. The format of the second visit is a roundtable discussion that covers a few key, timely topics. Jeremy will also meet 1-on-1 again with many (or all if possible) of the admissions counselors and leadership to give them more personalized training and direction based on their individual needs and current circumstances.
- Schools typically bring us in to lead this one-day workshop between January and April. The morning portion is a group discussion on custom topics that are predetermined after discussion with the admissions leadership. Frequent topics include storytelling, overcoming objections, communicating with parents, cost, the school’s value proposition, and “closing.” We also discuss the various groups of students that the admissions counselors are working with in their territories, including appropriate communication strategies, questions to ask, and next steps.
Tour Guide/Student Ambassador Training:
- During this half-day workshop we will focus on communication techniques and strategies that will lead to improved customer service during tours and events. Frequent topics include storytelling, how to ask effective questions, how to respond to common objections, talking about fear and why it’s important, and a discussion about what this generation of students is looking for in a college (and how they’re making their decisions). We will also advise your leadership on pre-visit communications, post-visit strategy, and the importance of collaboration between your tour guides and admissions counselors.
YOUR NEXT STEP:
Contact Jeremy Tiers directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to talk pricing, check on availability and start a discussion about your school’s specific needs.
Schools often book their workshop months in advance, and the busiest time of year is May thru September.