Over the past 7 years we’ve trained college admission professionals at over 100 different colleges and universities (small, medium, large; private and public institutions) on how to be smarter, more efficient recruiters, communicators, and leaders.
We’d love to have the opportunity to help you grow!
Organizing comprehensive training and professional development is time consuming. We understand that. It’s also extremely important that you and your colleagues have the training everyone needs to be effective, so let us take it off your to-do list.
These personalized and engaging workshops help strengthen admissions teams (both new and experienced counselors) by teaching them the latest best practices around how to effectively engage, communicate, and build relationships with this generation of students, as well as their parents/family. The end result is higher levels of engagement between prospective students and your admissions staff, plus more efficient territory management – both of which will positively impact your yield and help with staff retention.
*Due to COVID-19, all training workshops are currently being done online via Zoom. We anticipate being able to lead on-campus trainings again beginning in July, 2021.
TRADITIONAL RECRUITING WORKSHOP
- Our popular Traditional Recruiting workshop is a two-day event.
- Prior to the workshop we conduct a unique focus group survey with your school’s current or incoming freshmen students. We’re able to get key insights about their college search and decision making processes (pro’s and con’s). That information allows us to further customize your workshop, plus it’s useful for your admissions and marketing teams both now and in the future.
- During the workshop we’ll give everyone dozens of proven sales and communication strategies, tips and techniques that can be immediately put into practice.
- Workshop topics include personalization; storytelling; how and why you need to ask direct and intentional questions; why talking about fear is essential; how to lead the conversation; overcoming objections; cost and your school’s value proposition; parents and their role in the college search process; best practices for emails, letters, phone calls, text messages, and social media; closing the deal, and more! These fast paced, engaging sessions will help your staff better represent your college or university online, on the phone, in the office, and on the road.
- We also take the time to meet 1-on-1 with each admissions staff member and leader, giving them additional personalized training and direction based on their individual needs and experience.
- Our support doesn’t end once the training is over. Everybody will have our direct contact information, and follow-up conversations are highly encouraged.
“I’ve been reading Jeremy’s newsletter for years, and after sharing dozens of articles with our team I thought it was time that they were able to work with him in person. The response from our Admissions Counselors has been amazing. Jeremy has a unique ability to make difficult topics fun to discuss and is able to bring the best out of each member of our team. In addition to the group sessions, his one-on-one conversations with our team members have helped each person grow and allowed us to identify opportunities for additional coaching and training. It’s rare that something makes everyone happy. Our work with TCS and Jeremy has certainly been one of those things.”
RECRUITING PLUS WORKSHOP PACKAGE
- This option includes the two-day traditional recruiting workshop (online or on campus – usually in the summer or fall), plus a second one-day training later in the same recruiting cycle (online or on campus – usually in the winter or spring). The format of the second visit will be a roundtable discussion that covers a few key, timely topics. We will also meet 1-on-1 again with the admissions counselors and leadership to give them continued personalized training and direction.
EXPANDED WORKSHOP PACKAGE
- This option includes the two-day traditional recruiting workshop (online or on campus – usually in late spring or summer), as well as two additional one-day trainings later in the same recruiting cycle (online or on campus – usually in late fall/winter, and then again in the spring). The format of those second and third visits will be a roundtable discussion that covers a few key, timely topics. Each time we will meet 1-on-1 again with the admissions counselors and leadership to give them ongoing personalized training and direction.
YEARLONG TRAINING PACKAGE
- This option includes the two-day traditional recruiting workshop (online or on campus – usually in the summer or fall), plus monthly roundtable sessions via Zoom throughout the rest of the recruiting cycle. Each roundtable session will be 1-hour in length and will focus on one or two key, timely topics. Every other month we will virtually meet 1-on-1 again with the admissions counselors and leadership to give them continued personalized training and direction.
- This one-day workshop (online or on campus – usually between January-May) is a group roundtable on custom topics that are predetermined after discussion with the admissions leadership. Frequent topics include storytelling, how students are choosing their college, best practices for different communication mediums, communicating with parents, effective questions to ask, overcoming objections, cost and your value proposition, and “closing.” We also discuss the various groups of students that the admissions counselors are working with in their territories, including appropriate communication strategies, questions to ask, and next steps.
Each of these workshops will improve your overall customer service, help your admissions counselors manage their territories more effectively, create more confidence, and improve critical thinking and leadership.
You can read some of our client stories here.
SCHEDULING YOUR WORKSHOP
The next step is to contact Jeremy Tiers, TCS Director of Admissions Services, right here to talk about availability, pricing, and how we can help you and your team grow.
Colleges and universities typically schedule their training workshop between 2-3 months ahead of time. June through September is peak season.