Bring the recognized industry leader to your campus. Online, virtual trainings are also available.
Over the past 5 years we’ve trained college admission professionals at nearly 90 different colleges and universities (small, medium, large; private and public) on how to be smarter, more efficient recruiters, communicators, and leaders.
We’d love to have the opportunity to help you grow!
Organizing comprehensive training and professional development is time consuming. We understand that. It’s also extremely important that you and your admissions team have the training they need to be effective, so let us take it off your to-do list.
These personalized and engaging workshops help strengthen admissions teams (both new and veteran) by teaching them the latest best practices around how to effectively engage and communicate with this generation of students (and their parents/family). The end result is higher levels of engagement between prospective students and your admissions staff, as well as improved efficiency and territory management.
TRADITIONAL RECRUITING WORKSHOP
- Our popular Traditional Recruiting workshop for admissions takes place on-campus over two consecutive days. The virtual training option is currently spread out over three days online.
- Prior to the workshop we conduct a unique focus group survey with your current or incoming freshmen students. We’re able to get key insights about their college search and decision making processes (pro’s and con’s). That information allows us to further customize your workshop, and it’s useful for your admissions and MarComm staffs both now and in the future.
- During the workshop we’ll give your staff dozens of proven sales strategies, tips and techniques. We’ll discuss the importance of personalization; how to ask the right questions; why talking about fear is vital; storytelling; leading the conversation; overcoming objections; cost and your value proposition; parents and the role they play; best practices for all the different communication mediums; “closing;” and more! These fast paced, engaging sessions will help your staff better represent your school on the road, in the office, and in the virtual online world.
- We’ll also take the time to meet 1-on-1 with each admissions staff member and leader, giving them additional personalized training and direction based on their individual needs and experience.
- Our support doesn’t end when we leave campus. Everybody will have our direct contact information, and follow-up conversations are highly encouraged.
“I’ve been reading Jeremy’s newsletter for years, and after sharing dozens of articles with our team I thought it was time that they were able to work with him in person. The response from our Admissions Counselors has been amazing. Jeremy has a unique ability to make difficult topics fun to discuss and is able to bring the best out of each member of our team. In addition to the group sessions, his one-on-one conversations with our team members have helped each person grow and allowed us to identify opportunities for additional coaching and training. It’s rare that something makes everyone happy. Our work with TCS and Jeremy has certainly been one of those things.”
RECRUITING PLUS WORKSHOP PACKAGE
- This option includes the standard two-day traditional recruiting workshop (on-campus or online – usually in the summer or fall), plus a second one-day visit to your campus later in the same recruiting cycle (on-campus or online – usually in the winter or spring). The format of the second visit will be a roundtable discussion that covers a few key, timely topics. We will also meet 1-on-1 again with the admissions counselors and leadership to give them continued personalized training and direction.
EXPANDED WORKSHOP PACKAGE
- This option includes the standard two-day traditional recruiting workshop (on-campus or online – usually in late spring or summer), as well as two additional one-day visits to your campus later in the same recruiting cycle (on-campus or online – usually in late fall/winter, and then again in the spring). The format of those second and third visits will be a roundtable discussion that covers a few key, timely topics. Each time we will meet 1-on-1 again with the admissions counselors and leadership to give them ongoing personalized training and direction.
- This one-day workshop (usually between January-May) is a group roundtable on custom topics that are predetermined after discussion with the admissions leadership. Frequent topics include storytelling, how students are choosing their college, best practices for different communication mediums, communicating with parents, effective questions to ask, overcoming objections, cost and your value proposition, and “closing.” We also discuss the various groups of students that the admissions counselors are working with in their territories, including appropriate communication strategies, questions to ask, and next steps.
Each of these workshops will improve your overall customer service, help your admissions counselors manage their territories more effectively, create more confidence, and improve critical thinking and leadership.
YOUR NEXT STEP
Contact Jeremy Tiers, TCS Director of Admissions Services, directly at email@example.com to talk about availability, pricing, and how we can help you and your team grow.
Colleges and Universities typically schedule their training workshop between 2-3 months ahead of time.