We will help improve the overall campus visit experience that you currently offer prospective students and their families – namely different customer service aspects, as well as increasing engagement levels between those visitors, and your admission staff and student tour guides/workers.
Your audit will be broken down into a number of different parts:
- Focus group survey – We will conduct a survey of incoming or current first-year students who previously visited your institution during their college search. The survey will focus on the student’s visit experience, how they made their college decision, and what they feel your admissions team and student tour guides need to improve on as they work with the next class of prospective students.
- Visit communications audit – Ahead of our team’s visit to your campus, we will review all the pre-visit messaging that is currently utilized and sent to prospective students and their families. We will also review any messages a student receives once they register, any additional messaging that is sent up until the day the prospective student comes to campus, as well as any post-visit messaging that is sent within 7-10 days after a student has completed their visit.
- Campus walking tour audit – On the morning of day one, we will meet with your admissions and campus visit leadership to get a better understanding of the overall visit logistics and pain points, as well as to discuss expectations and identify goals. Following that, we will proceed through the check-in process and experience the entire daily visit just like a prospective student and family would. We will repeat this process on day two.
- Tour guide meetings – We will meet with a handful of pre-selected student tour guides and have them share their thoughts on the walking tour, tour route, information they share, as well as their onboarding and training processes.
- Tour guide training – We will provide approximately 90 minutes of communication, relationship building, and customer service training to all available student tour guides.
- Student Designed Campus Visit Overhaul – On the afternoon of day two, we will meet with a predetermined focus group of between 5-8 current students. We will guide them through designing the “perfect” campus visit if it was up to them to convince their best friend and they were in charge of the planning and execution.
At the conclusion of our partnership, we will provide you with a detailed report that includes feedback, as well as recommendations and tips to deliver a more student-centered and engaging visit experience.
Customization is at the core of everything we do so if there’s something you’re wondering about, or if you have additional questions about this audit, let’s talk.
We’re also happy to combine this service with one of our popular staff training workshops at a cost savings to you.